Buying a Bike with Swift Cycles
Start the journey to your new bike with Swift
At Swift we have over 4 years experience selling the widest selection of Road and Triathlon bikes in London. Our bikes range from entry level road, cyclocross and touring bikes - to the most techincally advanced Racing and Triathlon machines on the planet.
We feel like we've learned a few things along the way! This is by no means prescriptive, but if you're unsure of what might be the best bike for you, or if you are completely new to road/triathlon and are seeking honest and open advice, then this page is a great place to start. Below we outline a typical journey to a new bike with Swift.
1. The Chat
All of our staff are focussed on bike fitting and frame geometry. Fit is key at Swift, so we want to get you test riding the right bikes:
• Body Proportionality Review - Critical to your setup and comfort on the bike are the relative proportions of your legs, torso and arms. These will help determine what sort of frame geometry best suits you. For example - relatively short legs mean you'll be on a relatively low saddle height, and consequently what may be a long and low bike for some, might be fine for you! It's not just about the bike - it's about how you match the bike.
• Riding Style and Physical Constraints - Again this will help direct us to a specific style of bike.
• Budget - speaks for itself! Our bikes range in price from entry level machines to full spec professional level equipment.
2. The Test Ride
We've had chat to discuss you and your aspirations as a rider, but nothing beats seeing you on the bike or feeling the ride of a bike. So wherever possible we try to give you a ride on the bike or at least the same/comparable frame.
• You - get to feel how the bike rides and reacts over different road surfaces
• We - Get to see you on the bike and identify and further potential bike fit considerations
• Test rides can only be up to 10 minutes. But some brands do supply bikes for extended demos. Please call 0207 377 0502 to enquire or book a test ride.
3. The Bike Fitting or Setup
We like to give some sort of fitting or setup with every bike we sell. We have a combination of experienced staff and the best technology on the market to help with this. We offer different levels of fitting, some of which come free with a bike purchase. Please refer to the Bike Fitting page here for more info.
• Full BikeFit offered free of charge for bikes above £2000 in value
• Bike Visual setup offered on all bikes irrespective - where one of our staff will make sure you ride off comfortable.
You'll ride faster and in more comfort. This is absolutely key to your enjoyment of the bike!
4. The Aftercare
We take this one very seriously. If you have any issues with your bike, don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll do our upmost to get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
• Six week service Free of charge - provided for every bike purchased
• 3 month post bikefit moratorium - if for whatever reason you're not happy with your position we'll have you in again and try to address any issues.
Buying a bike in store...
At swift we aim to offer the best of all worlds for any level of road cyclist. Whether you're an aspiring semi-pro or a lapsed weekend warrior you'll find the staff at Swift friendly, approachable and accommodating to your needs. There's a reason why we get such nice reviews!
• Central London Location - 4 minutes walk to Liverpool St Station
• Massive Range of Road and Timetrial bikes - in stock ready to ride!
• Great Brands - Cervelo, Cannondale, Focus, Scott, Enigma, Storck, Genesis
• Great advice - knowledgeable, friendly, open
• Test Rides - Feel the difference between bikes, how they react and handle, every bike is different
• Bike Fitting Services - Optimise power and efficiency, minimise injury risk
• Aftercare - Back to base peace of mind, 6 week service free of charge
For test rides, advice or info:
Call 02073770502 to speak to the team
See some of our testimonials below from happy customers who bought a bike at Swift.
"Great bike shop. The best in Central London. Great selection of bikes, not just the super high end stuff. Well worth a visit."
Dan D, Cannondale CAAD 8
"Recently bought a bike from Swift. Extremely happy with my purchase - great advice, amazing service and very friendly staff. Can highly recommend them."
Anthony R, Cervelo S2 and Cervelo P3
"Bought a bike from Swift and had the best possible experience. The guys really know what they're talking about, found the perfect bike for me and took time to explain everything I needed to know about it."
Max T, Cannondale CAAD 8
"I was completely blown away by the bike and the fit. I've cycled for 30 years and have used many of the major bike shops in London. I was really impressed by Swift and can't recommend them highly enough. I'm not normally one for reviews, but felt inspired to write this."
Scott P, Custom Cannondale Supersix Evo Black Inc
"I took my bike to Swift Cycles for a full service. They were very thorough and my bike came out looking pristine and riding like new again. The staff were very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Price was very reasonable."
James W, Workshop Customer